If that PC was supplied with win11 it may not support win10 and/or it may invalidate any warranty, then of course you would need a win10 license, and support/updates for win10 ends 2025
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:37:29+00:00 -
Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-04-24T18:58:27+00:00 Hi ,
I am Ivan, I will help you with this.
I understand that you are having difficulties with Windows 11, but you can return to Windows 10 using the installation process via ISO or USB.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2024-04-25T08:10:25+00:00 It did come with windows 10 originally installed but due to the update it automatically moved into windows 11 without me even knowing it.
-
Anonymous
2024-04-25T08:14:46+00:00 Oh thank you! I'll be doing that then. Even if windows 10 no longer gets support/updates, I'll be staying with Windows 10 until Windows 12 comes out (hopefully with less stuff running in the background. If not I'll just be sticking with 10 for a while.) I don't always need the 'next big thing' even if it looks nice, has support, or has regular updates.
-
Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-04-25T08:23:28+00:00 Hi ,
Well, Windows 10 will continue to receive security updates until 2025, don't worry
Hope this helps.
If you find the answer helpful, please mark it as an answer.
Independent Advisor - Community
Thanks