Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T17:34:01+00:00

    I have 2 dev workstations at home running Win 10. Recently, at work, I got a laptop with Win 11. It is a complete disaster, and Microsoft must enter a state of emergency. First of all, they must fire the CEO, who completely shattered the company since he replaced Steve Ballmer, who was, in fact, a talented and awesome CEO. Next, they must fire the entire product team that created this disgrace.

    I can’t stop thinking that Microsoft is a completely dead company. .NET and now Windows are dead only thanks to the new CEO; he destroyed everything that Ballmer and the rest built since the beginning. Over 90% of developers around me now use Mac garbage; this was not the case 10 years ago.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-12T07:38:44+00:00

    Please don’t try to mislead people? There are laws that prevent something like installing software that doesn’t damage the product somehow voiding a warranty. Don’t try to tell people things that might make them not file a claim. Just Google (or anything but Bing) the Magnuson–Moss warranty act and respectfully stop answering questions that involve money since you clearly haven’t tried to get the info to do it properly.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T10:28:58+00:00

    I hate Windows 11,

    And the ACER laptop.

    Windows 10 not bad this is a nightmare.

    0 comments No comments