Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T16:26:14+00:00

    Got forced into Windows 11 on my work computers,

    I keep finding aggravating little changes that do nothing to improve this operation and sometimes make formerly simple things harder.

    I wish I had kept my old computers.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T22:11:05+00:00

    This is why I will never buy a Windows 11 computer. I have been through windows 10 computers and they were slow, and the most frustrating part is the freezing, blue screens or system crashes, or even slow startup or performance. My ThinkPad has also been giving me a lot of problems and I have been so fed up. It was getting frustrating to deal with it freezing (including the mouse and keyboard. Even tech support for Windows is a pain, and that there are so many different bugs and/or flaws with different PC models (including Microsoft Surface), Windows 10 is one CPU hug when it comes to gaming. I switched to Mac as of late 2022, and will NEVER buy another Windows PC again.

    I just got a 16 inch MacBook Pro for Christmas as of 2022 with 2TB storage and 64 GB memory, and the performance is much better and it's much more stable and the battery life is the best.

    The thing of it is that I have an ancient 30-year old Windows 95 computer (486DX2 66MHz, 64 MB RAM, 5.25" and 3.5" floppy, 2 hard drives one 7 GB and 2.4GB HDD, Windows 95 OSR 2 with Plus!, MS-DOS 6.22, Windows For Workgroups 3.11), ZIP and CD-ROM drives,) and although you can no longer get tech support as of 2001, but a lot of programs ran flawlessly and the performance with the old software wasn't too big of an issue. It used to only have a 2.4 GB HDD with DOS 6.22 and Windows for Workgroups 3.11, but I even installed a 8 GB HDD in my 486 to run Windows 95 and DOS, which I had to use Award Modular BIOS setup utility to auto detect the disks, and 95 installed on my 7 gig flawlessly. The RAM was originally 12 MB and I upped the RAM to 64 MB for better performance. Microsoft was definitely a much better company back until windows XP days, and how much I loved playing 16-bit games for DOS. on my old computer. And the Christmas screensaver on my 95, was the thing of the past . It seems like the company has gone downhill these days, when more people are switching to Mac.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T19:37:21+00:00

    Microsoft do not care anymore, all this time and it still refuses to open any other browser from cortana no matter what i do, it is nothing more than an advertisment platform, utter garbage that still dirty games played and reinstalls apps i dont want there is nothing personal about PC anymore, intrusive, info stealing and most of all becoming unusable the to average owner with having top hardware at their end without a care in the world for anyone else

    dirty little add ons and gadgets intertwined that dont work without other forcing your hand...utter garbage.

    the number of copy & paste answers that they post from professionals is a joke... some are so outdated responses they dont even have the same tabs anymore...take the money and run attitudes

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T08:13:20+00:00

    Hi could you tell me more about sound driver issues? I just bought a new gaming pc, very high specs but for the life of me can’t figure out how to get the input drivers working. This renders it useless for work meetings. It’s crazy as this is the highest spec pc iv ever bought but have been told it’s likely a windows 11 thing and to downgrade to 10.

    0 comments No comments