Buddy, quit being a zuner and go to a real OS. Why on earth would you go back to Windows 10 when you can go to not Windows anything?
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-11-15T13:37:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-11-12T05:12:31+00:00 You're absolutely right. It's not better today, For the record, been on Windows since 3.11 and am a Windows Server Administrator by trade.
-Performance is about 30% less than Windows 10. Same hardware, but my CPU, GPU and RAM is getting assaulted. constant hangs on a core 19-10850K, Z490 AORUS PRO AX, 32GB of the best RAM my board can handle, (2) 3.0 NVME Drives (Yes, I know the board doesn't support 4.0) and a GTX 3080 TI. RE4 Remake runs about 20FPS less than previous.
-Security is insane, wireshark shows my PC is sending EVERYTHING. My guess is that this is exactly what Microsoft is doing, your system is mining everything you do, say, or download/upload and sending it back to Microsoft HQ.
-Inability to understand display HZ, resolutions, 4K or 1080p. It doesn't matter, it will consistently flicker and timeout before you can ACCEPT the new display settings in every game. I've been spending a lot of time in INI files forcing configurations to keep Windows happy.
-I have spent more time in the registry and local policy settings screens than my life as a Windows Server Administrator. They made Vista 2, and are FORCING you into it. How's that feel? Oh, you can pay them 30$ and they'll give you another year, but I don't care about their security updates any more. I'm not giving them any more money. -
Anonymous
2024-11-11T02:24:02+00:00 Save your extra money and get an Apple/Mac. It is the best computer you can buy. It takes a fraction of a time to boot and they are very
efficient computers to possibly buy, although they are expensive. If you are not a gamer, then a Mac would be the best bet.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:52:20+00:00 we need to form a group(outside of Microsoft's reach) and unite and protest against Microsoft's enslavement : sincerely Raymond E Siegler(a loyal windows user since windows95)
-
Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:47:29+00:00 i cant return to windows 10(this is a new computer with windows 11 pro) i feel trapped and cheated by Microsoft: sincerely Raymond E Siegler...(a loyal windows user since windows95!!!)