Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T05:10:49+00:00

    Yep, Microsoft is more concerned about profit then making a good product to sell.

    Basically any MONOPOLY is like this as the quality sucks as the years go by.

    Look at MA BELL that told us in internal documents they did not plan on WIRELESS PHONES TILL 2054

    We had to break them up or we would never have seen CELL PHONES ever.

    The same goes for INTERNET as they controlled all the phone lines mostly world wide.

    Microsoft like Apple and others need to be broken up so we see some new INVENTIONS!

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T18:15:21+00:00

    It is not just the PC which requires replacement to run Windows 11, I have a perfectly good Canon Printer/Scanner/Copier which is no longer supported by Windows 11, WHY? Microsoft are taking the piss. My TV DVB-T will not play nicely from cold boot and has to be disabled and then re-enabled in device manager to work. WHY? I use an HP Z840 PC and Windows 11 does not support the onboard audio. WHY? Thankfully I also have a MAC which continues to use my current hardware and peripherals without issues and which I am now using more often as it just works, no ifs, no buts. Microsoft may be too big in the business world to fail, but they really do not give a rats **** about the ordinary consumer. Someone in the USA should launch a class action against them for their practices as they are seriously contributing to the environmental issues surrounding electronic waste.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T17:56:28+00:00

    It seems 100% obvious the management of Microsoft are totally incompetent when it comes to programming.

    Get it on the shelf for sale, screw bugs, screw reliability, screw stability just make that money!

    Do not test it for anything and expect everyone that buys Windows to uses exactly the same computer and set up!

    Also for Windows 11 tell everyone they have to upgrade but refuse to show any proof it has any benefits

    other then superficial and is no where the cost of the new computer and upgrade for what you are doing!

    Again this is all bad management at Microsoft that suck at earning the pay they are given.

    Would you buy a car that kills the driver and passengers just randomly that never fix the issues for 20 years?

    (This is Microsoft history!)

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T16:48:41+00:00

    WIndows 11 works "out of the box" when it wants. And when it does not, it does not. There is a suprisingly high occurence of Windows 11 just not working.

    But we, mere mortals, can't understand the subtleties of the machine, which is it's own, Microsoft owned, entity.

    This is made obvious when you progressively realize that you can not do what you want to do with your machine. Microsoft will go out of his way to prevent that. That's normal and by design : it's not your machine it's Microsoft's. So Microsoft does what it does best : make your life miserable by removing everything local, everything that was once easy, and forces you as hard as possible on its myriad of unsollicited cloud apps.

    Beside the point but, did you know that with microsoft, in all its grandeur, let you create 2 entirely different accounts with the same email adress ? One personal and one professional. You can bet this is really easy to manage, for a regular non savvy office worker, and that mistake will be very easy to fix if you dare to enter the wrong credentials, just once. Kinda like having two parameters menu's working at the same time. Its just simpler like that.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T21:59:24+00:00

    Yeah, you're not the only one having problems with Windows 11. I've tried the various workarounds to try to upgrade my Windows 10 PC to Win11, with no luck. I understand Microsoft's stringent requirements for older PCs to be eligible for the Win11 upgrade, unfortunately, not everybody can financially afford a newer pc these days. I've used a Microsoft PC for a longtime, although now, I feel like this latest move from Microsoft has betrayed my trust in using their PCs, therefore, I'm uncertain if I want to continue using the Windows operating system if this is how Microsoft is going to treat it's loyal customers. I may wind up going to an alternate OS for my laptop soon.

    0 comments No comments