My HP Z840 with 2 E5-2680v4 14 core processors, 256GB DDR4 memory, 2 TB Samsung SSD system disk and 5 x 8TB SAS drives was running as fast as a snail after installing Windows 11, it would fly along on Windows 10. Removing co-pilot and all the other **** I could find made little difference, removing AI services helped massively, (3 or 4 .exe services I think). I have used group policy to remove access to all windows updates while still allowing virus definitions to update through windows security and it is running almost as well as windows 10 but there is still a noticeable lag in all aspects of its operation, especially with office 2019 software. As I am refusing to accept updates for windows 11 I have decided to reinstall Windows 10 despite its upcoming demise, it is a much improved solution over the pathetic offering Microsoft are trying to force upon its users. Windows 11 in it latest iteration is only fit for the trash and certainly not worth recycling in any form, no doubt the currently in production windows 12 will be just that. I anticipate using windows 10 for the next 5 years or so as it will take Microsoft that long to accept they are producing garbage.
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-01-25T00:09:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-24T21:06:33+00:00 yep Microsoft excell at ruining good thigs,
the UI looks and feels cheap. and is combersom.
and as usual they have made it very hard to get a similar feel to W10.
they dont seem to care about the end user, its just lets force our latest brainfart on our users, they have to get used to it.
they also have a crappy habit of buying software companies so they can, turn good products into pilres of ****, or they just scrap them.
they also insist on implementing thigs like acrobat into there products very very badly instead letteing other software houses perfect there producs.
-
Anonymous
2024-12-10T04:46:22+00:00 The idea of having to troubleshoot why something doesn't work for weeks while on a Windows OS I can install it and it works 100% of the time out of the box is why I would never go Linux. My storage platform is Linux and it takes enough of my life.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-10-13T08:13:20+00:00 Hi could you tell me more about sound driver issues? I just bought a new gaming pc, very high specs but for the life of me can’t figure out how to get the input drivers working. This renders it useless for work meetings. It’s crazy as this is the highest spec pc iv ever bought but have been told it’s likely a windows 11 thing and to downgrade to 10.