Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T17:14:13+00:00

    As well as my Windows 11 pc I use a Hackintosh which I update every October to Apple's latest OS and it works flawlessly despite being installed on unsupported hardware. With this latest iteration of Windows 11 I am seriously considering buying a genuine Apple Mac. The only thing holding me back is the outlay I have invested in DAW software which only runs on Windows and does still work on Windows 11, but only after solving major issues with the audio drivers. However my HP Z840 with Windows 11 has lost native onboard audio input and output with both Microsoft and HP being unable to provide a solution. Add this to Windows 11 not allowing the use of my Canon Printer, my Freeview TV card, my graphics tablet and all the other issues I have spent valuable time trying to resolve and the case to move to Apple becomes more and more compelling. If Microsoft have not scrapped Windows 11 and replaced it with software that works by the time my current Pro Tools DAW subscription expires then I expect the case to move to Apple will be overwhelming.

    Update: I reinstalled Windows 10 and all is well, but I have kept a drive with Windows 11 on it for to look for more issues. The latest issues I have found are Media Player will not play anything at all, so that has now been uninstalled. The Bluetooth will not connect to my Microsoft xbox controller unless I disable it in device manager and then enable it again just like the Freeview TV card has to be disabled and then enabled again. This was really annoying as I went through all the Bluetooth devices I have disabling them one at a time to eliminate the problem device only to find the problem was Windows 11 not any Bluetooth device on my system. The same is true for usb devices on a random intermittent basis which again I went through all the usb devices I have disabling them one at a time to find the problem device only to find the problem was Windows 11, surprise surprise. Then there is Windows PowerShell, which issues a warning that PSReadLine has been disabled but refuses to install or enable it or update PowerShell.

    I regularly suffer from low blood pressure of 90/50, if I run Windows 11 I can get it up to 130/90 in no time at all, so thank you for that Microsoft.

    On the plus side I have a solution for Microsoft to correct the Windows 11 issues. Take Windows 10 and relabel it Windows 12, release to the public and everyone will be happy.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T17:25:08+00:00

    My office computer was forced into and "upgrade" on to this aggravating thing that is windows 11. Many months later I continue to find stupid changes that make formerly easy tasks more complicated or impossible.

    HATE IT.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T18:38:58+00:00

    Windows 11 came on a new laptop from Dell. I have to reboot the machine so many times and literally let it stand for 5 minutes after login. If I dare to start using it before then it will punish me by going non responsive on just about every application. In my opinion the operating system is not finished, not fit for purpose, an embarrassing mistake, and there is no way in hell we will move our company machines over to it. Putting it bluntly, it's awful and not something you would want to use at work on a daily basis.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T05:10:49+00:00

    Yep, Microsoft is more concerned about profit then making a good product to sell.

    Basically any MONOPOLY is like this as the quality sucks as the years go by.

    Look at MA BELL that told us in internal documents they did not plan on WIRELESS PHONES TILL 2054

    We had to break them up or we would never have seen CELL PHONES ever.

    The same goes for INTERNET as they controlled all the phone lines mostly world wide.

    Microsoft like Apple and others need to be broken up so we see some new INVENTIONS!

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T15:37:29+00:00

    If that PC was supplied with win11 it may not support win10 and/or it may invalidate any warranty, then of course you would need a win10 license, and support/updates for win10 ends 2025

    0 comments No comments