Windows 11 is awful.

Reported
Anonymous
2024-04-24T15:03:51+00:00

I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.

Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.

I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.

Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)

Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A

Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Pen support

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T05:17:32+00:00

    I agree 100%. Windows 11 is a **** product! I was able to mirror my computer to my TV with windows 10 and now unable to do the same thing with windows 11. It should be a simple thing to do this in house on a private network.. but Windows 11 is unable, unwilling to do the same thing with the same hardware and same TV.

    **** Windows and Microsoft! You **** keep forcing me to "upgrade" when its a constant downgrade.. FIX YOUR **** ISSUES, BILL GATES! or be the **** we all know you are! Maybe, youre too worried about being on the Epstein list to fix the issues!?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T19:10:47+00:00

    Aside from the idiotic changes to pulldown menus by self-important a**hole designers: wireless mouse stops working in midflight. wireless headset stops working, The system suddenly gets sluggish. I have a 32-core 64GB system and this has gotten worse and worse over the first 3 months. These guys have really F**D it up. I have to reboot every few days. What ****. Oh, and after geting put to sleep, the internet doesn;t work. HAve to repeatedly retry retry retry. And yes I did whatever to stop it form doing it but that doesn't work either. You screwed the pooch

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-24T18:15:21+00:00

    It is not just the PC which requires replacement to run Windows 11, I have a perfectly good Canon Printer/Scanner/Copier which is no longer supported by Windows 11, WHY? Microsoft are taking the piss. My TV DVB-T will not play nicely from cold boot and has to be disabled and then re-enabled in device manager to work. WHY? I use an HP Z840 PC and Windows 11 does not support the onboard audio. WHY? Thankfully I also have a MAC which continues to use my current hardware and peripherals without issues and which I am now using more often as it just works, no ifs, no buts. Microsoft may be too big in the business world to fail, but they really do not give a rats **** about the ordinary consumer. Someone in the USA should launch a class action against them for their practices as they are seriously contributing to the environmental issues surrounding electronic waste.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T01:52:20+00:00

    we need to form a group(outside of Microsoft's reach) and unite and protest against Microsoft's enslavement : sincerely Raymond E Siegler(a loyal windows user since windows95)

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more