I only bought my win11 desktop because of some software that I need to run only runs on windows. I haven't used Windows since Win7 (been on macos since). I f'ing hate Windows. Vista was far better than this poor excuse for an OS. everything is linked to cloud accounts and everything breaks like every days. You look at the computer and it gets corrupted. Have spent the last 2 hours just trying to get the stupid xbox app, once again, to use the same account as the ms store. This is so stupid. This is why Microsoft is losing so much ground to so many other tech companies. Everything they do is total garbage. If it wasn't for their OS monopoly power, they'd have gone out of business years ago.
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-02-01T22:28:14+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-06T13:05:19+00:00 You don't need a license key to run Windows 10.
It will run forever without one; it will just keep telling you that you don't have a valid key every now and then.
MS make nearly all the money they make from Windows through corporate sales and bundling with new PCs. They really don't care about individuals building a PC and running Windows on it for free.
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more