Yeah Windows 11 is just Microsoft making people think That they can improve on windows 10, but the background apps and interface is so bad and I still use windows 10 (Will do until end of support and hopefully windows 12 will be out by then.) My gaming PC could hardly run it, Windows 11 used up all the ram and heated it to over 40c even when I wasn't gaming
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-02-04T09:54:00+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-11-15T13:38:12+00:00 And if you are a gamer, you can use Proton on a civilized OS. It's gotten real good.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-15T13:37:29+00:00 Buddy, quit being a zuner and go to a real OS. Why on earth would you go back to Windows 10 when you can go to not Windows anything?