How to fix Microsoft store error "Something went wrong. we're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Try refreshing or come back later." Code: 0x80070005

Reported
Anonymous
2024-05-02T01:39:19+00:00

I would put an image here but it says "File(s) failed to upload."

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-10T16:34:10+00:00

    Before you restore your system give this a try: wsreset.exe .

    Someone else suggested this (I can't locate that answer in this thread).

    My experiences with the Store are getting much better and I often get updates to the Store app.

    It appears that the Store also works in the background - I stalling updated apps.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-08T07:46:58+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue. I am unable to update or install new applications from the Windows Store. I have around 47 pending updates, and I believe the only solution is to perform a hard reset.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T08:19:02+00:00

    Hi

    I have tried multiple options but cannot download Messenger - am still getting the error Code: 0x803FB005

    Can you please help?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-02T15:44:30+00:00

    Mainly just the desire to not deal with all the potential incompatibly that comes with upgrading... I tend to work with some older software, and to have some of it just stop working would be a real hassle.

    That and I feel like whenever I do something on windows 11 it has to pull up a window/popup from windows 10.

    Interestingly though, this did solve my issues with 'App Installer' and a bunch of other apps. I still seem to have some lingering issues with 'Microsoft Photos' so I cant say I'm out of the woods yet... as of right now this is the only app that I've noticed that does not work.

    I will update this thread again if I run into more solves.

    Thank you

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T23:47:32+00:00

    Vemmy

    Thank you for your response.
    I just went to the STORE and received the message "something happened on our end."

    I used the wsReset.exe command.

    The download completed.
    Thank you.

    0 comments No comments