Why is the scroll bar in Windows 11 so narrow? In what world is this an improvement?

Anonymous
2024-06-27T01:49:22+00:00

I wish I had blocked the forced "upgrade" to Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T19:50:03+00:00

    I am so angry about this change. File Explorer has lost a massive amount of functionality for my office. This is not an "improvement." Minimalism is an idiotic objective if it results in empty white spaces with no options for functionality. I don't care what is convenient for touch screens. We use traditional computers with separate screens, mice, and keyboards. What - are you trying to model your business around getting rid of us? As other have stated, using a scroll wheel is tedious if you have a massive folder to go through or hundreds of line items to get past. Changing the settings so scroll bars are always visible does nothing to help. What the actual hell are you Microsoft Designers doing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T16:07:06+00:00

    Like the idiots who make you scrool wheel or click through each month from todays date to get to your birthday 5 or 6 decades ago, I know that we are usually needing healthcare services considered out-of-network but at least make it so you can ener a birthday. Anyone over 1 year old would be annoyed with this method. Too much focus on cuteness vs functionality for the user and they don't even want to allow people to customize, we all have yave to be the same....robots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T16:29:07+00:00

    As someone else pointed out, there's a setting in "Accessibility" to turn the scrollbars always on. On my desktop it makes them them wide and the scroll "puck" easy to use. I agree that the default was horrible. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK IN EXPLORER! The new Windows Explorer has so many deficiencies that I think I'll look for an alternative. Especially annoying is that it does NOT open the folder pane to the folder a file(folder) resides in so that it is visible (if you use a shortcut to access it). Also, the Path displayed is not always correct. I am not happy. I am 74 and have used every Windows version there has been. In many ways Windows 11 is a big step backwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T11:44:34+00:00

    Thank you. I did not word my problem correctly. But that is exactly what I am having issues with. Please Please someone fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T13:14:45+00:00

    Indeed, the reg edit mod worked for me on all scroll bars, they are now wide, But has no effect for Notepad, it is still too skinny.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments