How do I get my Microsoft account back after it getting hacked?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-06-20T15:39:47+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm reaching out for urgent help with my hacked Microsoft account. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to regain access to my account and am feeling quite frustrated and helpless.

Here's a summary of the steps I've taken so far: I first noticed unusual activity on my account and realized it had been hacked. I tried contacting Microsoft Support through email and phone but did not receive a resolution. The phone calls only connected me to bots, and there was no option to speak with an actual person. I meticulously filled out the account recovery form, providing every detail requested. Unfortunately, the response stated that I didn't provide enough proof, even though I included all the information asked for in the form.

I wanted to include some details of my own, like screenshots proving my ownership and showing that I have had access to it for many years. Additionally, I have previous communications, purchase receipts, and other relevant data that could help verify my identity. However, the recovery form did not allow for this.

I'm feeling quite frustrated as this account is crucial for me, and I am at a loss on how to proceed further.

As a last resort, I am considering contacting the police and the GDPR authorities to request Microsoft to delete all my information and permanently delete the account to prevent any misuse of my data.

Could someone from the community or a Microsoft representative guide me on what further steps I can take? Are there any alternative methods or additional support channels that might be more effective?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T21:11:42+00:00

    After my computer was frozn I spent two hours with an online agent

    She identified herself as

    Tracy Brown

    ID mct 8787

    case ID JB 9396

    can you assure me this was a Microsoft representative and I wasn't being scammed

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T21:47:55+00:00

    My frankfrakes@hotmail account has been hacked, the password has been changed and I can not access it. My Microsoft account has also been taken over by some one or something. My skyp account has been changed and I can not access it my user name was/is frankfrakes, I cant log in. A frudulant payment was made to skype on my credit card which I have now cancelled.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-07T08:18:38+00:00

    My account is been lekt by data lekt

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T13:39:42+00:00

    Ontem entrei no meu e-mail e me deparei com essa mensagem que foi enviada para mim mesma através da minha conta porém eu não fui a pessoa que me mandou essa mensagem

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T10:44:51+00:00

    when i open the chat this is shown: HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

    what should i do

    0 comments No comments