How do I get my Microsoft account back after it getting hacked?

Reported
Anonymous
2024-06-20T15:39:47+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm reaching out for urgent help with my hacked Microsoft account. Despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to regain access to my account and am feeling quite frustrated and helpless.

Here's a summary of the steps I've taken so far: I first noticed unusual activity on my account and realized it had been hacked. I tried contacting Microsoft Support through email and phone but did not receive a resolution. The phone calls only connected me to bots, and there was no option to speak with an actual person. I meticulously filled out the account recovery form, providing every detail requested. Unfortunately, the response stated that I didn't provide enough proof, even though I included all the information asked for in the form.

I wanted to include some details of my own, like screenshots proving my ownership and showing that I have had access to it for many years. Additionally, I have previous communications, purchase receipts, and other relevant data that could help verify my identity. However, the recovery form did not allow for this.

I'm feeling quite frustrated as this account is crucial for me, and I am at a loss on how to proceed further.

As a last resort, I am considering contacting the police and the GDPR authorities to request Microsoft to delete all my information and permanently delete the account to prevent any misuse of my data.

Could someone from the community or a Microsoft representative guide me on what further steps I can take? Are there any alternative methods or additional support channels that might be more effective?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T06:21:22+00:00

    Here are quick steps that may help:

    Retry Account Recovery: Fill out the recovery form with as much detail as possible, using a familiar device and network.

    Chat with Support: Go to support.microsoft.com, select Contact Support, and request help with a compromised account to reach a live chat representative.

    Prepare Ownership Proof: Mention any purchase receipts, emails, or screenshots proving ownership if you connect with support.

    Request Escalation: Ask if your case can be escalated to a higher-level team.

    Data Privacy: If you can’t recover your account, you can request data deletion via Microsoft’s privacy page per GDPR guidelines.

    Hope this helps!

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-13T01:41:21+00:00

    we me acaba de pasar lo mismo literal me cambiaron todo eso literal microsoft no ayuda en nada ni vale la pena, no te ayudan en nada

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-08T15:58:06+00:00

    Can anyone help me find my 2 got stolen microsoft account? (******@gmail.com and ******@gmail.com)
    Please...

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T13:39:21+00:00

    My microsoft account's email was changed and replaced with the attacker's email, now i have lost every single product i had there and im utterly helpless i made a new account using the email that was originally in the attacked account, now i am sitting here thinking of what i can do to fix it if you can help me, i would be very glad.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T00:31:09+00:00

    Hello,

    I wanna get back my hacked or locked account back,

    Please help me.

    Kind regards

    Kerem

    0 comments No comments