which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T14:40:02+00:00

    I have a Cannon pixel will that work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T01:46:38+00:00

    My Epson L3250 refused to talk to my Surface 11. A Windows update EPSON - Printer - 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM - 10.0.17117.1 self-installed on 10 Jan and I just found that I can print. But so far, not scan. I am using a USB cable connection.

    At least heading in the right direction.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T15:41:01+00:00

    I have just bought an Epson Ecotank ET-2876 and it works with basic functionality.

    EPSON have published this FAQ:

    FAQ Article Page | Epson Europe

    If you want to print photos or anything complicated then using the Epson Smart Panel app on your phone is the only option...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T00:24:06+00:00

    Someone should identify a home printer that actually works with a Surface Pro 11. Microsoft chose to produce the Surface Pro 11 with an ARM processor that creates a number of challenges. I have found that printing is one of those challenges. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 scans and otherwise indicates everything is OK except that when I try actually to print I get an error message. Reaching out to HP has been a pointless, time-wasting exercise. The HP 8720 is rather old, so I would not mind buying a new printer, but I need to know that any new printer would be compatible. I have searched without success for Surface Pro 11 compatible printers. Surely somewhere someone has found a printer that will work. (Note that I am referring to a typical home printer environment. I think that in a business networked environment there are ARM compatible solutions.)

    I am having this same issue without resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T20:46:23+00:00

    Someone should identify a home printer that actually works with a Surface Pro 11. Microsoft chose to produce the Surface Pro 11 with an ARM processor that creates a number of challenges. I have found that printing is one of those challenges. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 scans and otherwise indicates everything is OK except that when I try actually to print I get an error message. Reaching out to HP has been a pointless, time-wasting exercise. The HP 8720 is rather old, so I would not mind buying a new printer, but I need to know that any new printer would be compatible. I have searched without success for Surface Pro 11 compatible printers. Surely somewhere someone has found a printer that will work. (Note that I am referring to a typical home printer environment. I think that in a business networked environment there are ARM compatible solutions.)

    I have the Surface Laptop 7 with ARM64 processor and have been dealing with similar issues. I can report the following:

    • Brother MFC-L2750DW printer (about a year old) does work with my SL7, and I can print to it from Word or Adobe Acrobat, but Acrobat cannot use the scanner. To scan, I have to use Brother iPrint&Scan, which is a standalone app. That's easy enough (with a little macro to scan and save to pdf).
    • Brother PT-P710BT label printer: after a long discussion with a Brother tech today, I learned that neither Microsoft nor Brother makes an ARM64 driver for the label printer. So I'm out of luck with that. My only hope is to find a standalone app for label printing, which is unlikely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments