which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T08:57:09+00:00

    I have just bought a Canon GX 4050 printer. I have tried to install canons Windows 11 printer drivers. They are not compatible with the Surface pro 11 X Elite Snapdragon arm systems. Canon support said turn off the firewall and try again, still no joy. Other than that, he said contact Microsoft for a solution.

    Looks like it's going back to Amazon.

    An update, I decided to keep the Canon GX 4050 printer because I found I can print when I connect the printer to the Suface Pro 11 via a usb lead through a converter

    Thank for all the reply and input btw.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T14:37:39+00:00

    I assume that you have the most up to date version of Windows 11, but maybe not. My printer issues were finally solved after running a Windows 11 update - see my comment on this above. I tried many different solutions, and it was only after this update that the printer problem just simply went away. Perhaps just coincidental, but I think not.

    It is amazing to read the many reviews praising the Surface Pro 11 and none seem to adequately address the many issues the Snapdragon ARM processor will cause; a few do say there are some potential issues. But having major printer incompatibilities surely should not be ignored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T13:58:52+00:00

    An update. Following (a few) attempts to upgrade my SP11 SSD and then upgrading Win 11 to Pro and re-installing everything, I am now able to use my HP Officejet Pro 8715 device properly. It now prints double-sided again and scanning is also OK. This is with using the HP Smart app and using the device wirelessly. Not quite sure what made the difference - the above or some Windows update perhaps - who knows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T23:25:59+00:00

    Not true! I have been all the way up the chain of tiers and nothing from Microsoft, HP, or Best Buy has worked to make my HP4301fdw wireless printer print from my Surface Pro 11 Snapdragon Elite computer. HP gave up trying. Microsoft must tell us which printer will actually work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T16:18:24+00:00

    I wasted my money on a new HP LaserJet printer, when my new Surface could not connect to my five year old (and perfectly fine) HP Laser Jet Printer.

    Then i wasted a few hundred dollars on support from Best Buy's Geek Squad and HP support. The bottom line was that i was told that because the new Surfaces do not include a "plug and play" application - but rather use Snapdragon -- you cannot install the drivers needed for the HP LaserJet.

    In order to deflect blame, Microsoft appears to be blaming the printer manufacturers, rather than accept responsibility for creating and marketing a laptop that cannot perform one of the most basic -- and important functions -- connect to printers at ease.

    So it seems that HP printers cannot connect, and Cannon printers cannot connect. This is a significant defect in these computers that the public should be warned about. I wish the person who had sold the new Surface to me had known about it and warned me. I would never have purchased it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments