Still reinforcing the comments from above: I opted to buy a new printer - an Epson ET-8550 - and my Surface Pro 11 will not load the Epson smart panel that manages the printing. I can't get any traction with Microsoft and the printer companies just shrug
which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11
Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-01T10:50:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-08-01T11:31:43+00:00 Just an update to say that I have some limited functionality with my HP8715. HP and Microsoft have not provided any useful response. Still absolutely no joy with creating a USB connection. However, can scan wirelessly and wireless one-sided printing is possible. Have tried multiple install/uninstall cycles. I think it is the HP smart universal printer driver that makes this possible.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-02T18:29:17+00:00 Today (02Aug24) I ran the newly released 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for arm64-based Systems (KB5040529) on my Surface Pro 11. This update seems to have fixed the printing issue. I can now print on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 from the Windows Setting Test Page, the HP Smart app Diagnostic Test Print, as well as from MS Word. Scan from HP Smart is still working.
I think the problem is now solved.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-04T16:40:22+00:00 I'm very pleased for you that your HP Office Jet is working but, irritatingly, my Epson ET-8550 still isn't. I'm still getting the message: "EpsonNet Setup cannot be started under the currrent operating system" - Yes, I have installed KB5040529
-
Anonymous
2024-08-16T23:26:29+00:00 Adding my voice as this is a critical issue. I too wouldn't mind buying a new printer, but not knowing if I can/will be able to print with the printers I have and not having any line of site on which printers might work makes me hesitate to purchase the new Surface Laptop 7th edition.
I have a Brother MFC-J875DW and a HP ColorLaserJet MFP 281fdw, but generally the vibe seems to be "Yeah, you'll just have to buy it and see if the network/default drivers work for you", which is a really crappy answer.
These are so close to being _amazing_ devices, but the compatibility issues will kill it.