Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Any printer that has Wireless capability or connects to a USB-C port will be compatible with the Surface Pro 11, there is no specific printer required.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Any printer that has Wireless capability or connects to a USB-C port will be compatible with the Surface Pro 11, there is no specific printer required.
Thanks, but the reason I ask is that my HP Officejet 8715 will not work properly no matter what I try and it seems that many printers are not really compatible with an arm-based processor PC. I was wondering if there is a definitely compatible one before I part with my cash.
In that case, you will need to contact HP to see if they provide drivers that are compatible with an ARM processor, some printer companies do not create drivers for and ARM processor, but only their support will know what drivers they provide.
I am having the same problem. All the standard Canon ip8750 drivers I load to my Surface pro 11 are not recognised.
I have consulted with Currys support team and they're not habving any luck either
Someone should identify a home printer that actually works with a Surface Pro 11. Microsoft chose to produce the Surface Pro 11 with an ARM processor that creates a number of challenges. I have found that printing is one of those challenges. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 scans and otherwise indicates everything is OK except that when I try actually to print I get an error message. Reaching out to HP has been a pointless, time-wasting exercise. The HP 8720 is rather old, so I would not mind buying a new printer, but I need to know that any new printer would be compatible. I have searched without success for Surface Pro 11 compatible printers. Surely somewhere someone has found a printer that will work. (Note that I am referring to a typical home printer environment. I think that in a business networked environment there are ARM compatible solutions.)