Just an update to say that I have some limited functionality with my HP8715. HP and Microsoft have not provided any useful response. Still absolutely no joy with creating a USB connection. However, can scan wirelessly and wireless one-sided printing is possible. Have tried multiple install/uninstall cycles. I think it is the HP smart universal printer driver that makes this possible.
which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11
Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-01T11:31:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-08-01T10:50:23+00:00 Still reinforcing the comments from above: I opted to buy a new printer - an Epson ET-8550 - and my Surface Pro 11 will not load the Epson smart panel that manages the printing. I can't get any traction with Microsoft and the printer companies just shrug
-
Anonymous
2024-08-01T01:59:01+00:00 Someone should identify a home printer that actually works with a Surface Pro 11. Microsoft chose to produce the Surface Pro 11 with an ARM processor that creates a number of challenges. I have found that printing is one of those challenges. My HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 scans and otherwise indicates everything is OK except that when I try actually to print I get an error message. Reaching out to HP has been a pointless, time-wasting exercise. The HP 8720 is rather old, so I would not mind buying a new printer, but I need to know that any new printer would be compatible. I have searched without success for Surface Pro 11 compatible printers. Surely somewhere someone has found a printer that will work. (Note that I am referring to a typical home printer environment. I think that in a business networked environment there are ARM compatible solutions.)
-
Anonymous
2024-07-15T13:54:23+00:00 I am having the same problem. All the standard Canon ip8750 drivers I load to my Surface pro 11 are not recognised.
I have consulted with Currys support team and they're not habving any luck either
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-07-06T06:37:10+00:00 In that case, you will need to contact HP to see if they provide drivers that are compatible with an ARM processor, some printer companies do not create drivers for and ARM processor, but only their support will know what drivers they provide.