which printers are compatible with Surface pro 11

Anonymous
2024-07-05T17:40:52+00:00

Specifically. which HP printers are compatible with SP11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T14:37:39+00:00

    I assume that you have the most up to date version of Windows 11, but maybe not. My printer issues were finally solved after running a Windows 11 update - see my comment on this above. I tried many different solutions, and it was only after this update that the printer problem just simply went away. Perhaps just coincidental, but I think not.

    It is amazing to read the many reviews praising the Surface Pro 11 and none seem to adequately address the many issues the Snapdragon ARM processor will cause; a few do say there are some potential issues. But having major printer incompatibilities surely should not be ignored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-09T08:57:09+00:00

    I have just bought a Canon GX 4050 printer. I have tried to install canons Windows 11 printer drivers. They are not compatible with the Surface pro 11 X Elite Snapdragon arm systems. Canon support said turn off the firewall and try again, still no joy. Other than that, he said contact Microsoft for a solution.

    Looks like it's going back to Amazon.

    An update, I decided to keep the Canon GX 4050 printer because I found I can print when I connect the printer to the Suface Pro 11 via a usb lead through a converter

    Thank for all the reply and input btw.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T23:26:29+00:00

    Adding my voice as this is a critical issue. I too wouldn't mind buying a new printer, but not knowing if I can/will be able to print with the printers I have and not having any line of site on which printers might work makes me hesitate to purchase the new Surface Laptop 7th edition.

    I have a Brother MFC-J875DW and a HP ColorLaserJet MFP 281fdw, but generally the vibe seems to be "Yeah, you'll just have to buy it and see if the network/default drivers work for you", which is a really crappy answer.

    These are so close to being _amazing_ devices, but the compatibility issues will kill it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-04T16:40:22+00:00

    I'm very pleased for you that your HP Office Jet is working but, irritatingly, my Epson ET-8550 still isn't. I'm still getting the message: "EpsonNet Setup cannot be started under the currrent operating system" - Yes, I have installed KB5040529

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T18:29:17+00:00

    Today (02Aug24) I ran the newly released 2024-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for arm64-based Systems (KB5040529) on my Surface Pro 11.  This update seems to have fixed the printing issue.  I can now print on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 from the Windows Setting Test Page, the HP Smart app Diagnostic Test Print, as well as from MS Word.  Scan from HP Smart is still working.

    I think the problem is now solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments