Hi there, Iv'e had the same problem with windows 11 on a new computer and have just found a fix which is
function + windows + print screen. The screen shots are located in Home File Explorer. Hope it works for you
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi there, Iv'e had the same problem with windows 11 on a new computer and have just found a fix which is
function + windows + print screen. The screen shots are located in Home File Explorer. Hope it works for you
This doesn't help, I need the whole screen right away, when I used snipping tool all drop downs that I need to capture disappear. I used to be able to just hit PrintScr button and it immediately captured the whole screen, not need to faff around with options.
I got back to the old print screen button functionality by changing the print screen button behaviour in settings:
Open the "Settings" app from the Start Menu
Go to Settings>Accessibility>Keyboard
Scroll down to "Use Print screen key to open screen capture" and change the slider switch to "Off"
It looks like with Win 11, Microsoft have created a new app called "screen capture" which gives some extra choices, and automatically saves the capture in a screenshots folder, but the extra interface causes problems for some people's workflows. Switching it off returns my Win 11 to the old behaviour of copying the whole screen to clipboard (from which you then have to paste and save manually yourself.)
I just came across this article where everything I did it would just capture both monitors and even the alt + prt scn would not work. For me it was because I has Logi+ Options installed it overrode the windows settings so even though I had use print screen key to open screen capture on it would not work.
Going into Logi+ Options and and changing the print screen to just print screen fixed it for me.
Thank you for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm happy to assist you.
To fix the Print Screen key on Windows 11, try restarting your computer, checking keyboard settings to ensure the Print Screen function is enabled, and updating Windows to the latest version. If it still doesn't work, use Windows + Shift + S as an alternative to capture screenshots.