I want to Reset my PC but keep my files & settings, how do I do it?

Anonymous
2024-09-20T20:06:06+00:00

i wish to Reset my PC because I'm having problems with the Touchpad and some windows closing sporafically. I have tried everything to resolve the Touchpad problem but it continues to not work, then work and it continues. The more fixes I try the worse it gets, I have had enough and have been told to revert to original settings. I used Reset on my 6 year old Windows 10 PC and it resolved problems I was experiencing.

I don't know how to do it on my Windows 11 PC and need so me help to get started. Are you able to help?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Solamillo Charity 20,295 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-09-26T01:59:14+00:00

Thank you for getting back to me. Did it just stopped abruptly, or did it have any error codes?

Since you're considering sending the laptop for repair, it’s a smart move to back up everything you might need for a smooth transition.

I would suggest to check this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTZ9tO_BtI

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T10:12:33+00:00

    This is the information you requested, I think.

    In the Insert Screenshots screen the saved screenshots are not in order of when they were taken so as I have many it is difficult to see the correct one, hence the pink scribble. If I access the sscrrenshots directly they are in date order or I can set a different order but when using INSERT I have no way to state the order - or do I?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Solamillo Charity 20,295 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-09-24T14:43:04+00:00

    Thank you for getting back to me. :)

    Please proceed in downloading ACER care center https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Applic...

    Source of your Laptop's drivers :

    https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...

    But please proceed in getting the Acer care center first.

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T22:38:12+00:00

    iWhen I click on the first link nothing happens. Elsewhere I discovered that a file that would normally download just opened in the browser. Nothing downloaded. The downloads folder in File Explorer is now in USERS/MyUsername . This download problem has NEVER happened to me in recent years. I think the Reset scrambled everything.

    When I take a screenshot with the snipping tool, it takes the snip and saves it but it does not pop up as it used to. I have to find it on the taskbar. I had that niggling problem 2 years ago and resolved it but I can't remeber how I did it. As I'm using a physical mouse it is difficult to control, especially around the edges of the screen. It's also quite a challenge on this website when I try to move from the profile to My Questions. The top banner keeps disappearing every time my mouse gets close. On many sites when you click on such a banner it stays in place. It's all a disaster. It is just one problem after another.

     https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Applic...

    https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...

    Server Error

    Pls write the link as text with quotation marks and I will post it in the address bar and that should find the correct space. Of course I will have to be able to download drivers and I can't do that now.

    Nothing works. That is now my motto.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Solamillo Charity 20,295 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-09-25T00:22:27+00:00

    I'm really sorry about that. I'll re-send it with quotation marks for you. ACER care center :

    "https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Applic...;

    Source of your Laptop's drivers :

    "https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-supp...;

    Please let me know if this works for you. I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments