it also doesnt charge my controller anymore
switch pro controller not detected by pc on a new install
my pc (new install) doesnt detect my switch controller while wired, it doesnt make a noise when i connect it either, does anyone know why, usb port and cable are both fine as they worked before on my old install
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-09-28T17:20:30+00:00 -
Solamillo Charity 20,295 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-09-28T17:56:41+00:00 Hello there! I am Charity, I'm an Independent Advisor. I'm glad to help you today!
I'm really sorry this happened to you. If your controller was previously paired with your Switch, it may still be trying to connect wirelessly to the console. You can go into the Switch settings and disconnect the controller.
Then, Press and hold the sync button (located near the charging port) while plugging the controller into the PC.
I would also suggest trying a different USB port.
Please let me know if this works for you. I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible.
Kind Regards,
Charity
Please note that things might need more than one reply to completely resolve your issue, as it will completely depend on the complexity of the question and the amount of detail that you have provided me.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-28T18:01:31+00:00 different usb port didnt work, it was working very briefly while windows started up but disconected soon after, my switch is long gone so that cant be it, ive had this issue before but i forgot how i fixed it
-
Anonymous
2024-09-28T18:03:25+00:00 what device does it usually fall under in device manager, not the ones under universal serial bus controller but any other ones? i think i might know a fix
-
Solamillo Charity 20,295 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-09-28T18:11:37+00:00 Hmm, please provide a screenshot of your device manager so that I can point you to the right direction.