Windows 11 ( Version 24H2 ) - This PC can't be upgraded to this version of Windows

Anonymous
2024-10-02T15:43:04+00:00

Hello , I'm already using Windows 11 pro 23h2, and as of Oct 1, 24H2 was released for all PCs ( it was for Copilop+ laptops before )

I used the Windows 11 Installation Assistant / MediaCreation tool, and they both gave me the same error when they were about to install the Windows.

Any solutions ?

RTX 3080ti - Intel Core i9 12900k - 32GB DDR4 - SSD 990pro - MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI Gaming Motherboard ( Latest Bios - 1J )

This PC can't be upgraded to this version of Windows.

Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows. Windows Update will automatically offer you this version of Windows once the issue has been resolved.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-10-02T18:19:21+00:00

Please uninstall EasyAntiCheat and restart Windows. It's blocking the setup from running, according to the latest logs.

How to Remove the Easy Anti-Cheat Driver:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/remove-easy-anticheat-driver/

This PC can’t be upgraded to this version of Windows (24H2 Setup) https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/error-this-pc-cant-be-upgraded/

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T10:57:46+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem. I have a new ASUS Zenbook 14 (UX3405). I tried to start the setup with and without admin-privileges, start from ISO, run system checks, nothing helped. The system is up-to-date.

    I suspect a driver is at fault. I have several special software installed (Siemens TIA Portal, Solidworks, MTS, ...) Some of them require special usb-dongles. I also installed a driver for a serial port. I don't know how to uninstall it.

    I look into the log-files but don't find any suspect entry.

    Maybe someone find one.

    https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6tFb7a8cSQjt17bDAbeSDEgMQl4g?e=lYEJnL

    Thanks in advance!

    Kay

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T01:59:33+00:00

    ok will see cuz i dont know why

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T20:25:47+00:00

    Hello, unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions worked, and I ended up having to do a fresh install of Windows. The 23H2 update has been incredibly frustrating with all the bugs I've encountered over the past year. I really hope 24H2 brings a more stable experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-04T13:30:16+00:00

    Hi HoomanSA7,

    Have you tried rerunning the 24H2 setup?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments