Troubleshoot Camera App error code 0xA00F4244

Anonymous
2024-10-08T09:36:51+00:00

how can this be resolved?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-08T10:10:06+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    1

    Look at the function keys (F1 - F12) on your keyboard, if one of them has a camera icon, press that key or Fn + that key to unlock the webcam.

    2

    If that was not the problem, look at the camera lens above your screen, is there a small privacy slider that needs to be opened to access the webcam?

    3

    If the webcam is still not working, go to the support page for your laptop on the manufacturers website, then from there, download and re-install the version of webcam drivers they provide

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T13:23:45+00:00

    Hi,
    After all steps my caemra still has the issue.
    Driver got re-installed but the camera unable to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T04:34:50+00:00

    Thanks, I seem to have camera now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T23:31:07+00:00

    Dave, What is Fn + and where should I type it? Also, I gave Saksham Quick Assist and he restored my computer and restarted it. The camera still did not open. Milt Kramer

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T03:08:06+00:00

    I don't have any of the above.

    Had windows update 10/13/24 in the morning. when done the camera didn't work.

    Is there a way I can go back further to a different date even if there isn't one saved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments