any one having issues after trying to do this update "2024-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5043145)" ?

Anonymous
2024-09-27T00:32:42+00:00

it seems like my HP Victus laptop keeps getting stuck on the start up loading section. Seems like the update has a glitch.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T05:38:41+00:00

    Same problem — I allowed my Cyberpower PC to install updates before shutting down without checking what they were, then it got stuck at 91% & I haven’t been able to boot up since. Multiple restarts, multiple attempts at uninstalling the update which can’t be done since it never fully installed. I finally got the “something went wrong…” message, but the auto repair did not resolve the issue. Not sure what else to do since Microsoft doesn’t have a recommended fix listed on the KB page for this update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-29T17:33:47+00:00

    When it restarts the first time after installation of the the update, it freezes. What I did was to

    • hold the on/off button for a while to shut the computer down.
    • push the on/off button for it to start again.
    • it then resumed the reboot process and it froze again.
    • redo step 1 and step 2
    • You should now get a bitlocker screen which asks for your recovery key.
    • Get the recovery key through aka.ms
    • Enter it and press "Continue".
    • It should now remove the update - if you get a message saying something like "Something didn't go as planned.... Don't worry..." you're on the right track.

    Hope this helps,

    Stefan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T21:15:01+00:00

    I too am having problems with this update. How do I get rid of it? The troubleshooter runs but it reports it cannot find anything wrong. Where do I go from there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-28T08:00:42+00:00

    After installing this upgrade I got problems with overall functionality and performance with all my HP laptops: this update is broken. Uninstalling the update fixed all problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-27T22:48:10+00:00

    SImilar statup issues during KB5043145 installation on Asus Zephyrus Duo GX50PY. Bluescreen during startup after installation.

    I had to use Bitlocker Recovery key and let Windows remove the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments