Ok, thank you and I appreciate you trying to help
Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying
A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-30T23:08:47+00:00 -
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-30T23:00:05+00:00 Ok, start your computer again in normal mode.
As we have tried the solutions I know, wait for another Advisor to help you.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-30T22:47:39+00:00 Every time I press system restore I automatically get the error message in the second picture
-
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-30T22:29:22+00:00 See if you have a restore point with System Restore, Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.