Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying

Anonymous
2024-10-29T22:10:30+00:00

A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:42:39+00:00

    The problem has persisted, i don't have another computer is there another way of doing this step?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T19:23:26+00:00

    Ok in this case I suggest you check if any system files have been corrupted;

    https://support.microsoft.com/topic/use-the-sys...

    If the problem persists, you will need another computer and the flash drive to create installation media and repair Windows using in-place upgrade;

    First of all, format the Flash Disk.

    Download the tool:

    https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...

    Open the Media Creation Tool and choose the option to create installation media for another computer.

    Choose to create a bootable USB drive.

    When the download is complete, connect the flash disk to this computer and run setup.exe.

    Choose the "Upgrade this PC now" option, and in the Ready to install section, select the "Keep personal files and apps" option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:14:49+00:00

    I tried both

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T19:12:09+00:00

    Have you downloaded the LAN or Wifi driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:10:56+00:00

    I tried this and it still isn’t working unfortunately

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments