Uninstalled sandbox and installed KB5050009 through windows update, it worked.
Windows 11 24H2 update kb5044284 fails on reboot at 40%, error 0x800f0922 - SOLVED, page 5
Using Windows 11 24H2 26100.1742, got the update for KB5044284.
This downloaded and extracted fine, then restarted the PC. The update got to the 30% and restarted. On the reboot the update continued until 40%, when it hung for about 8 minutes, then gave an error message (with no reference) and rolled back.
Windows Update in Settings App shows Error 0x800f0922.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-01-28T09:30:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-22T15:06:17+00:00 Uninstalled sandbox and installed KB5050009 through windows update, work like a charm.
Thanks a lot dude!!!
-
Anonymous
2025-01-22T12:18:39+00:00 I have uninstalled Sandbox. We will see at the next update.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-22T11:21:50+00:00 Maybe I found the solution:
KB5050009 Error code 0x800f0922 - Microsoft Community mentioned that having Windows Sandbox installed and disabled VM support in the BIOS, caused the installation to fail. I indeed have disabled AMD SVM and have Sandbox installed.
I enabled SVM and tried again, this time the update did install 🎉.
Curious if this is the solution for the latest update and the updates before.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-17T15:53:41+00:00 I made one about the same time I started this thread.
I have not made one for the current KB.