Windows 11 24H2 update kb5044284 fails on reboot at 40%, error 0x800f0922 - SOLVED, page 5

Anonymous
2024-10-09T15:01:11+00:00

Using Windows 11 24H2 26100.1742, got the update for KB5044284.

This downloaded and extracted fine, then restarted the PC. The update got to the 30% and restarted. On the reboot the update continued until 40%, when it hung for about 8 minutes, then gave an error message (with no reference) and rolled back.

Windows Update in Settings App shows Error 0x800f0922.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-24T10:18:03+00:00

    Yes, it is.

    I've installed the 24H2 update without any problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-24T09:19:16+00:00

    Is your PC compatible with Windows 11, particularly 24H2?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T21:47:57+00:00

    Hi,

    thanks for the answer.

    I've tried to use "Fix Problems using Windows Update/Reinstall Now", it starts the download of "Windows 11 24H2 (restore version)" and stops at 10% with this error "Can't download this update, not ready for your device".

    Any suggestion?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T15:22:33+00:00

    All I can suggest is do a repair install from inside Winows Update (in Settings). See earlier posts in this thread for how to do it.

    I have had to do this for every update since 24H2 started, it is the only way for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:45:56+00:00

    Same problem here.

    Problem started after 24H2, now I can't install any security update.

    When I try to install a security update Windows download the patch and install, than switch to black screen, install it at 30% and reboot the system, after reboot stuck at 40% for few minutes and rollback with a message "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry....".

    I've tried to a in place upgrade, but nothing change with other new security update.

    Any idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments