HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T20:09:03+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the information. I installed both patches and my Scanjet Pro 2000 S2 is still not working.

    This is getting beyond a joke now. I only brought it in Dec 2024 and still have not been able to use it.

    I'm disappointed with Microsoft and HP (for not pushing Microsoft to do more to resolve it). I think I will be asking for a refund.

    Kind regards,

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T21:22:25+00:00

    Hi. I posted this awhile back if you read the thread but I've installed Naps2 shareware scanner software and it has worked flawlessly for about 6 weeks now. Of course, you shouldn't have to go that route, HPs software should work but this has allowed me to keep working until either HP or Microsoft resolves the issue properly. I actually like it better than when the HP software was working before the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T13:14:03+00:00

    I installed both KBs and some scanners work and some still will not. This is really annoying as the same model scanner will work on one computer and not the other.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:37:57+00:00

    This update didnt worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:46:13+00:00

    I have not had a chance to try my HP Scanner. Since I scan so much, I ended up buying an Epson ES-580W, this scanner works just fine since it is wireless. However hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get my HP Scanner plugged back in to see if it works with the new updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments