HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-08T07:03:59+00:00

    First, make sure this December 10, 2024 was installed:

    KB5048667

    Restart after confirming.

    TODAY:

    I spoke to HP support and the following will need to be tested.

    via admin, go to command prompt

    Run the command:

    pnputil /delete-driver escl.inf /uninstall /force

    You will get a

    Driver package installed

    Failed to delete driver package: the specified file is not an installed OEM INF.

    Try scanning again and see if it works. You can also check on Device Manager under Imaging Device and making sure only ONE is showing for your printer and not two devices. If it shows (USB) this is HPEsclscan.inf, if it shows no (USB) then it uses escl.inf. The goal is to make sure eSCL.inf is uninstalled.

    Tested with HP and we are 1 worked and 1 failed. So, 50/50.

    We did a lot of troubleshooting for the one that failed but nada.

    But please share your experience and if it worked for you.

    This worked for me! I do have to repeat this process EVERY TIME I turn on my computer. Thank you so much for the work around!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-18T20:31:10+00:00

    Has there been any word from Microsoft about a fix for this? HP doesn't seem interested in helping and so far the only "solutions" offered are temporary workarounds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T22:10:48+00:00

    This doesn't work! The drivers do not appear in devices to click on!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T21:18:29+00:00

    Greetings everyone,

    HP just contacted me and this is the latest as I have been working with them since October. For Windows 11, they recommend these two updates:

    2025-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5052093)

    2025-01 Preview cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 24H2 for x64 (KB5050577)  

    And he said: Please take in consideration that both updates may take approximately 1 hour, so please be patient.

    So, if you all can report back and see if this fixes your printer problem, may it be HP, Brother, etc., it would be good to know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T19:22:51+00:00

    I already had KB5052093 installed but not KB5050577. I installed it and rebooted my computer. Then I installed the drivers for my HP ScanjetPro 3000 s3.

    So far it is working in every program I have that can scan.

    I will test on some more workstations to see if this fixes them all.

    Thank you for your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments