HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T21:37:45+00:00

    First, make sure this December 10, 2024 was installed:

    KB5048667

    Restart after confirming.

    TODAY:

    I spoke to HP support and the following will need to be tested.

    via admin, go to command prompt

    Run the command:

    pnputil /delete-driver escl.inf /uninstall /force

    You will get a

    Driver package installed

    Failed to delete driver package: the specified file is not an installed OEM INF.

    Try scanning again and see if it works. You can also check on Device Manager under Imaging Device and making sure only ONE is showing for your printer and not two devices. If it shows (USB) this is HPEsclscan.inf, if it shows no (USB) then it uses escl.inf. The goal is to make sure eSCL.inf is uninstalled.

    Tested with HP and we are 1 worked and 1 failed. So, 50/50.

    We did a lot of troubleshooting for the one that failed but nada.

    But please share your experience and if it worked for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T19:18:19+00:00

    I am a home user and have had the same problem since upgrading on 12/23/24 to 24H2. I'm using an HP MFP4301fdw color laser printer/scanner. The printer continued to work following the update but the scanner would not.

    Ultimately, what worked for me was simply reinstalling all the HP scanner software from hp.com. The specific download for me was:

    HP Universal Scan - Full Feature Software and Driver

    Version: 63.4.6169

    Size: 411.0 MB

    Release date: Aug 29, 2024

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T14:55:40+00:00

    We are still having this issue with a Fujitsu Scanner FI-7160. I have tried all different versions of TWAIN drivers and paperstream versions. The scanner is still not recognized in the paperstream program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T18:59:04+00:00

    Hi,

    The command pnputil /delete-driver escl.inf /uninstall /force run as admin worked, but as soon as you unplug the scanner or reboot the PC, the USB drivers refresh and then the scanner disappears from Device Manager again.

    I have also tried to reinstall several times the driver package below, but this does not resolve the issue.

    HP Universal Scan - Full Feature Software and Driver

    Version: 63.4.6169

    Size: 411.0 MB

    In the brief time it did work, I even updated the firmware on the scanner to version 0.65, but that made no difference.

    KB5048667 was installed on 13th December 2024.

    This is definately a driver issue with Windows 24H2 and needs to be addressed urgently by Microsoft as I can't keep having to jump through these hoops to use the scanner. I'm surprised HP are not jumping all over Microsoft for stopping their hardware working correctly.

    Does anyone have any updates with HP or a case number I can log a ticket and reference it to.

    The native Windows scan works, but the functionality is rubbish compared to the HP Scan.

    Kind regards,

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T03:28:52+00:00

    HP ScanJet N6600 not getting recognized by Windows 11. My new HP scanner is effectively bricked, and I've got TONS of work to do.

    How will we know when Microsoft has a fix for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments