HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T14:52:30+00:00

    We are experiencing this same issue with multiple scanner models, and I was hopeful yesterdays update would fix the issue, so I downloaded the .msu for KB5046617 and installed it manually. It would seem the "USB Printer Support" driver is still the same version as before, and did not fix this issue. I tried installing usbprint.inf drivers from 23h2, after disabling driver signature enforcement, but 24h2 replaced them with the broken ones, again.

    For the scanjet pro 3000 S4, I was able to follow the steps suggested here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-Copying/Windows-11-Version-24H2-stopped-Scanner-connection/td-p/9217665 but I had to choose a different .inf file in the DriverStore folder -- whichever one has the 3000 S4 device drivers listed. However, if the scanner goes into standby mode or is turned off/on again, it quits working until the computer is rebooted - a temporary fix.

    Those steps aren't working for me with the HP Scanjet Pro 2600 F1, as I can't seem to find it listed.

    Did the Patch Tuesday update fix this issue for anyone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T04:28:55+00:00

    Hi there, I am facing the same issue after the recent windows update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T16:40:27+00:00

    Greetings, I have been working with Level 2 HP support and Level 3 has confirmed that 24H2 update has affected scanning and is working on the issue with Microsoft. Expect an update in the November Tuesday update.

    Please note, this is not just scanners but also web cameras (integrated/external), HP scanjets, certain printers and more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T17:05:01+00:00

    I understand that your frustration when major updates disrupt device compatibility .

    Congrats on nearly 40 years in tech! Thanks for sharing your experience

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments