HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T03:44:46+00:00

    Still not working as of January 23, 2025.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-23T01:48:16+00:00

    Still not working as of January 22, 2025.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T01:23:41+00:00

    I finally got my HP ScanJet Enterprise 5000 s4 to work. I followed the instructions from another site.

    Go into your Device Manager, open the Imaging device. It will show your scanner twice, mine is connected with a USB. I just right clicked on both of them to disable. I did browse for updates however I got the message that my drivers are up to date.

    I then restarted the computer. Unplugged my scanner from the computer. I then clicked on the icon for my scanner, HP ScanJet and followed the prompts to install again. Plugged in the USB to the computer and now my scanner works again. Everything is Green ready to scan.

    I just hope that is work later. However, this was a simple fix if I have to follow the steps again. I had just been trying everything for the last couple weeks trying to get it to work.

    ImageImage

    UPDATE

    This fix only worked 1 time. After that I can't get it to work again.

    UPDATE

    01/30/2025 - still cant get my scanner to work. so frustrating.

    UPDATE

    2/8/2025 - I can scan now, however there is nothing that shows up. I get the message: "Failed to initialize the image processing and OCR module! Click OK to continue!"

    How can I resolve this issue with OCR module?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T00:14:33+00:00

    HP has advised me that the recent Windows 11 update is not compatible with my brand new HP ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1. When does Windows 11 expect to correct this issue?

    Hopefully someone can provide an estimate on the timing of a fix for this issue.

    Like you, I am sitting here with a brand new HP Scanner that won't work with my Win11 laptop. I imagine HP is going to get a lot of product returns if this isn't fixed soon. This will cost HP $.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T23:42:38+00:00

    HP has advised me that the recent Windows 11 update is not compatible with my brand new HP ScanJet Pro N4000 snw1. When does Windows 11 expect to correct this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments