Has there been any word from Microsoft about a fix for this? HP doesn't seem interested in helping and so far the only "solutions" offered are temporary workarounds.
HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates
After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-18T20:31:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-08T07:03:59+00:00 First, make sure this December 10, 2024 was installed:
KB5048667
Restart after confirming.
TODAY:
I spoke to HP support and the following will need to be tested.
via admin, go to command prompt
Run the command:
pnputil /delete-driver escl.inf /uninstall /force
You will get a
Driver package installed
Failed to delete driver package: the specified file is not an installed OEM INF.
Try scanning again and see if it works. You can also check on Device Manager under Imaging Device and making sure only ONE is showing for your printer and not two devices. If it shows (USB) this is HPEsclscan.inf, if it shows no (USB) then it uses escl.inf. The goal is to make sure eSCL.inf is uninstalled.
Tested with HP and we are 1 worked and 1 failed. So, 50/50.
We did a lot of troubleshooting for the one that failed but nada.
But please share your experience and if it worked for you.
This worked for me! I do have to repeat this process EVERY TIME I turn on my computer. Thank you so much for the work around!
-
Anonymous
2025-01-31T18:27:19+00:00 Update... 2 sided scanning now working!
I am a home office user with the same issues as noted above with my HP MFP 430fdw color laser printer/scanner. Scanning functions stopped working after latest Windows 11 update.
As noted about a week ago, I found the thread below on reddit on alternative scanning software and downloaded the shareware naps2 and it has been excellent. Easy to install and loads very quickly (the HP scan software took like 45 seconds to load even when it was working). When I first reported on this, I could not get the 2 sided scanning to work. I resolved that today by selecting the ESCL Drivers in the naps2 app rather than the WIA drivers. Now working like a champ. I probably will not go back to HP scanner software even if they get the bug fixed as this is much quicker and easier. Bottomline, there are many scanning software options out there. There is nothing magical about HPs and you don't have to use it. And the others actually work!
Good luck. I know how frustrating this is when you're just trying to get work done.
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/u4umee/how_to_use_hp_printer_without_hp_smart_app_to/
-
Anonymous
2025-01-31T18:03:21+00:00 Our company has two HP Scanjet pro 3500 f1 and we have the same problem. ☹
-
Anonymous
2025-01-29T16:04:01+00:00 Still not working as of January 29th 2025. Anyone know of any potential release date for a fix? We have several HP Scanners and can't afford to replace them all. So far we've been blocking the update and rolling computers back.