HP Scanner's broke with 24H2 updates

Anonymous
2024-10-29T14:35:06+00:00

After the 24H2 updates the HP Scanner 2000s2 and the N4000 series scanners will not work. It all happened when the host USB drivers updated. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you have a fix. All scanners in our school district were working great until the 24H2 was pushed out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-31T14:45:46+00:00

    I found a bit of a workaround for this issue on 24H2, when going to device manager and selecting one of the imaging devices and going to Properties, go to the Driver tab and select Update Driver > Browser my Computer for Drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers

    This will show you two drivers for the scanner you selected, the top one is TWAIN and the bottom one is WIA, choose which ones applies to your use case that will make it work**,** these are basically sorted alphabetically based on a property that isn't even shown on the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:53:20+00:00

    I thought it was going to work for us as a few machines I tested on it seemed to work. However the scanner will randomly stop working and it will say scanner is disconnected. Rebooting the computer usually fixes it so it will work again, but users don't like to have to keep closing out all their work just to fix a scanner.

    We have had problems with the hp scanners from the time we bought them where the scanner itself would quit responding and after a few power cycles it might start working again. After that was discovered we have slowly been replacing all the scanners with Epson scanners and have not had any trouble with them.

    We are just replacing our hp scanners now so we don't have to keep dealing with this waiting for microsoft or hp to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:46:13+00:00

    I have not had a chance to try my HP Scanner. Since I scan so much, I ended up buying an Epson ES-580W, this scanner works just fine since it is wireless. However hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get my HP Scanner plugged back in to see if it works with the new updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-27T16:37:57+00:00

    This update didnt worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T13:14:03+00:00

    I installed both KBs and some scanners work and some still will not. This is really annoying as the same model scanner will work on one computer and not the other.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments