How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:20:16+00:00

    Saya memutakhirkan laptop saya ke Windows 11 24H2 sejak 4 Oktober 2024 menggunakan asisten instalasinya, tetapi setelah hampir sebulan menggunakannya, saya mengalami bug, masalahdan kecepatan startup Windows yang lambat.

    Saya tidak tahan dengan bug pada 24H2 lagi, jadi opsi terakhir saya adalah mungkin kembali ke Windows 11 23H2, tetapi "opsi rollback" berwarna abu-abu selama lebih dari 10 hari.

    Apakah mungkin untuk menurunkan versi ke Windows 11 23H2 tanpa kehilangan data apa pun? Terima kasih.

    YA BETL SAYA INGIN MENGEMBALIKAN UPDATE WINDOWS SAYA KE VERSI 23H

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T07:15:49+00:00

    https://download.microsoft.com/download/e/c/d/ecd532eb-bed0-465a-9b7a-330066bec3ce/MediaCreationTool_Win11_23h2.exe

    Perform in place repair. When you click on the link a media creation tool will be downloaded you just have to run the that file. Create USB or ISO file and copy to DVD

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-12T16:52:36+00:00

    Just bought a new desktop, was having trouble with it saying my windows version was expired or out of date and the only fix was to update to 24H2. So I did that and now there is issues with plug-ins that are NOT supported. I am about done with Windows. Next computer will be a MAC , with Apple at least they fix something and it's fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T13:21:04+00:00

    Same here! I have a Ryzen cpu aswell.

    • My battery life went down from~4h to 1h. The crazy part is that my battery life is really bad, even if I limit the CPU clock to 1ghz, which I did for testing.
    • The fans never power off.

    It is a mess! If i only knew before. I would recommend anybody to prevent this update via GPO, especially if you run windows on a laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-22T04:29:23+00:00

    There's a button in Recovery Options (System > Recovery) that is something like "Roll back update".

    It's available once you're on the 24H2 while it's still considered a preview. I just got 24H2 forced down my throat and it broke several things - spent about an hour researching and decided to just system restore. Went looking for the Win11 option to do it and found this new one.

    It should be in System > Recovery and under "Recovery options" there is a button that will appear that says "roll back update", with a subtext of "roll back preview and go back to previous windows image"

    It's where my crudely drawn arrow is pointing - I just rolled back so the option is gone for me, since 23H2 is the last stable release.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments