How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T23:36:13+00:00

    10 days to roll back is a dumb criteria and I pay good money for the license, the regular user not going test every feature and peripheral in that time frame. It should be unlimited roll back to one previous major release. And the same for the ISO. I now have a peripheral I use infrequently but do need to use it and cannot get it to work until I can either rollback or hope the OEM decides to create an updated driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T23:51:33+00:00

    This is terrible; Microsoft has made it so that many games, including newer ones, are practically unplayable...
    Not having access to roll back a patch just makes people angry...

    Typical monopolist practices...

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T00:19:28+00:00

    Since my first PC, back in the CP/M and DOS and especially with Windows of all versions and other platforms, like Android, I have always kept everything up to date and the latest versions.

    I've had a few issues with an update or two, but always something that was easily fixed or that the OS company fixed immediately.

    It is almost 3 months since Microsoft unleashed this update that completely stops the efficient use of Edge or Chrome. Done.. Cannot use the mouse.

    The system that was screwed up was a laptop with a touch screen, so barely usable by this vision-impairs person with no depth perception.

    So after searching the MS site for DAYS and having a tech work on my computer (TELLING ME IT WAS FIXED WHEN IT WAS NOT*), I asked Gemini.

    Gemini and I had a discussion and it told me how to remove the update, which I did.

    I rely on MS systems to run my business and have never seen something that just stops the use of the computer like this over decades of using MS.

    So now what??? Is the next update going to wreck this all again? Will MS fix it? They ACT LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS ISSUE BEFORE!!!

    * About a year ago, the only way I could get help with a Teams problame was to get ripped off by paying a support cost of $499 for 2 years. So far with that Teams issue, they worked on my system remotely and said it was fixed, but it never was fixed. Finally, after removing Teams namually off the system and resetting several drivers, the camera and mic now work. But for $499 they had NO CLUE, just doing the same things that I had already done.
    Two small issues came up and they douln't fix those either. MS operatiing system with MS peripherals. UH? DID YOU TRY THIS???

    Now this. After 1 hour, they said, OK, it's fixed and gone. NO IT IS NOT FIXED UNTIL GEMINI TOLD ME HOW TO ROLL IT BACK.

    But no one at MS give a single ****. Once Google has a real OS, I am never looking back this way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments