How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T00:26:01+00:00

    the go back is 10 days this what MICROSOFT set this this not out choice if you go past the 10 days since you Installed you will have to reinstall what ever previous version you had before you loose you're setting programs that didn't come with that computer or device check where you bough the manifactures web site there going to tell you the same thing

    Also windows eleven forum.com will also there another web site that will restire windows 23H2 but thats in you're windiwds power shell it's done in windows Old dos mod but that will put the old version back but you still loose what didn't come with that pc and you ither have to have your'e software programs backed from before to add them back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T14:47:11+00:00

    Hi, Microsoft have been and always be the biggest crooks of the Planet. I have spent a fortune through the yeasr fixing MS Windows problems because MS never has a decent working version of Windows one can use without problems.

    Now this. I waited for the win 11 24H2 Update to windows 11, thinking that if I wait a few months this would not give me a problem.

    24H2 has simply highjecked my computer. I cannot use any other Browser the this useless spying Edge ****, all my files have gone, Documents, medical records and there is no way or no simple way to revert back to win 11 23H2 and be able to recover anything.

    I am a cancer patient. Now I ahev no access to my Health files. All of them. I ahev some helath exames facing a Medical Panel and I need very important documents. If I try openeing them the Explorer crashes.

    I cannot write one single letter on any search machine, Firefox is the one I always use. The Browser just closes.

    Fotografs, Copies of documents, anything.

    Now I get pestered with sign in to my MS account all the time. MS are Crooks, robbers, Spies. MS steals our personal information, denies it off course and uses it to gather records on people world wide. To know what people do, what illnesses they have, where they are, where they are going.

    Microsoft be ashamed of yourselves and place a means for all of us to retrieve to the win 11 23H2 version so we can carry on with our lives. I paid for a service but the service is terrible. SHAME ON YOU. I want my life back. You just destroyed my health leife everything. Bunch of thieves.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T07:55:01+00:00

    I have the same problem within minutes of Updating on the 26 of December 2024. Thought I'd wait for better times. Usually later things are better. Well are they?

    Aparantely one can recover to the last Update by going to

    Windows

    Settings>System>Recovery>

    Recovery Options>Go Back

    But I am not sure if it searches for a back up one makes or a Windows Instalations backup.

    I also do not know if it starts immediately without explaing the procedure, and this could be an issue if one has not made any Backups.

    I personally stoped doing back ups a long time ago in other versions because I have organised my Computer in such a way that I can recover most things.

    Only this time due to the new arquitecture of Windows 11, and lack of space I have been delaying things. So I just lost a whole bunch of very important copies of health Files, from Xrays, CAT, Medical Certificates, personal documents, Invoices. A nightmare.

    If you are lucky with this procedure please report. Thank you.

    Seasonal Greetings and A Good entry in 2025. Good health cause Health is Wealth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments