How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T07:03:53+00:00

    We Used UUP it worked as Long as you back up all you['re Infor to a seperate device I don't trust MS updates after it distroyed 23H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T17:07:40+00:00

    The 24H2 update killed all my networking. Wired and wireless down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T15:59:03+00:00

    You're not going to like it, but there are now 3rd party Linux drivers, so it looks like that's the only option after the forced march to 24H2 later this year. Just because Microsoft have blocked use of their own drivers in Windows now, doesn't mean they've unblocked the option to use the already developed 3rd-party ones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T00:46:06+00:00

    Hello Microsoft. Can you hotfix this so called "Update" ? My Computer is in serious troubles by all the hard reboots i have to make, All updates was done, with 23h2 i dont have that problem.

    I expect you fix this soon !

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T10:39:49+00:00

    You're not going to like it, but there are now 3rd party Linux drivers, so it looks like that's the only option after the forced march to 24H2 later this year. Just because Microsoft have blocked use of their own drivers in Windows now, doesn't mean they've unblocked the option to use the already developed 3rd-party ones.

    I hope then that if there's 3rd party drivers for Linux then somebody makes some work on Windows.

    Reallyyyyyyyyyy don't understand this decision from Microsoft, I understand not think it's worth their time anymore, but blocking their own drivers entirely so people cannot use their hardware is daft.

    And I suppose I should look at my options in general if the update is going to be forced on us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments