How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T09:20:07+00:00

    if it's medical Office Keep all that On a Portable 4tb -2tb 8tb USB-C Drive this you won't lose anythinn g Windows 24H2 since Oct 1 messed up every system I think this was Deliberit of MS where not the beta testers they did this Delibret we found out after we where the Socia Experiments /

    BACK UP yo're system to a ext usb-type-c this some ever gose wrong you have you're system amd don't Put windows 24H2 On you're syems Untill they have the FULL LEGAL vers thats right not trhe Beta Verson they pawned off to us

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T09:14:13+00:00

    if it's medical Office Keep all that On a Portable 4tb -2tb 8tb USB-C Drive this you won't lose anythinn g Windows 24H2 since Oct 1 messed up every system I think this was Deliberit of MS where not the beta testers they did this Delibret we found out after we where the Socia Experiments /

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T07:55:01+00:00

    I have the same problem within minutes of Updating on the 26 of December 2024. Thought I'd wait for better times. Usually later things are better. Well are they?

    Aparantely one can recover to the last Update by going to

    Windows

    Settings>System>Recovery>

    Recovery Options>Go Back

    But I am not sure if it searches for a back up one makes or a Windows Instalations backup.

    I also do not know if it starts immediately without explaing the procedure, and this could be an issue if one has not made any Backups.

    I personally stoped doing back ups a long time ago in other versions because I have organised my Computer in such a way that I can recover most things.

    Only this time due to the new arquitecture of Windows 11, and lack of space I have been delaying things. So I just lost a whole bunch of very important copies of health Files, from Xrays, CAT, Medical Certificates, personal documents, Invoices. A nightmare.

    If you are lucky with this procedure please report. Thank you.

    Seasonal Greetings and A Good entry in 2025. Good health cause Health is Wealth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more