How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T23:36:13+00:00

    10 days to roll back is a dumb criteria and I pay good money for the license, the regular user not going test every feature and peripheral in that time frame. It should be unlimited roll back to one previous major release. And the same for the ISO. I now have a peripheral I use infrequently but do need to use it and cannot get it to work until I can either rollback or hope the OEM decides to create an updated driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T15:54:04+00:00

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNqWNOuLqk&ab_channel=CrownGEEK

    This another Option and it worked if you Follow the Steps

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T14:28:51+00:00

    One LAST"THING" GO READ Microsofts POLICY sec 5-7 MICROSOFT think's they own you're devices there software is On

    Plus if they mess they Stating they can't BE Held respsponciable WRONg have a court looking into remove thos one's they didn't pay for these devices

    the Pc manifacture on't rent a Licence to put there OS onto there systems

    Doesn't give MICRROSOFT too state they own your'e pcs devices and if there Soft causes Problems they can't Be held RESPONCABLE people go read before you use My PC MANIFACT URES not putting2024 cause what has happen try and get away witn this one ms yeah Can't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-27T09:58:21+00:00

    Unfortunately, even downloading the ISO from Microsoft will only get me 24h2 now. Which, seeing that it’s one of their failed updates that broke Windows and forced me to spend a day reinstalling from scratch with total file loss, is pretty painful even before I discovered how many hundreds of pounds worth of software and hardware no longer work on it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments