How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T17:07:40+00:00

    The 24H2 update killed all my networking. Wired and wireless down.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-11T07:03:53+00:00

    We Used UUP it worked as Long as you back up all you['re Infor to a seperate device I don't trust MS updates after it distroyed 23H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T19:24:15+00:00

    I have the same query as the one in this thread.

    With Windows 10 headed to end of life I've upgraded from Windows 10 and it's put me onto 24H2 and because it seems Microsoft have dropped any Windows Mixed Reality support in 24H2 it has bricked my VR headset.

    I don't want a solution where I have to reinstall Windows entirely, backing everything up and reinstalling everything I need on it and going through all that will be took much of a pain.

    If I choose to "go back" it will be to Windows 10, where Windows Mixed Reality seems to have also been borked by an update I was unable to uninstall (and none of the troubleshooting resolved)

    Kinda ridiculous to remove the functionality altogether and not just have an unsupported version of WMR so people's hardware doesn't become defunct.

    Is there a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling Windows?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T12:20:00+00:00

    NO it won't remove any installed apps and games along with the files. I did that from 24H2 to 23H2 but windows again updated itself back after one month

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T06:17:27+00:00

    If I'm still within the first 10 days, I can roll back to windows 11 23h2 without losing any files. ? Will it remove any application that are already installed in the C: drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments