How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-01T08:22:21+00:00

    So does that mean I have to back up all my files before performing a clean install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T13:59:15+00:00

    Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    With a large feature update like version 24H2, the roll back option is only available for 10 days after the upgrade, after that, the only way to go to version 23H2 would be to create a bootable Windows USB and use that to clean install version 23H2.

    However, the problem with that now is, that on the Microsoft website, they now only provide the ISO and USB for version 24H2, they no longer provide a download for version 23H2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments