How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-16T02:22:08+00:00

    i just started having this problem today after i updated did you get any fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-10T00:18:08+00:00

    I am also experiencing some issues with the update, but mine is that I can't use a ethernet cable anymore as I am not able to either play games or watch video's. I am hoping that it's tied to the 24H2 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T01:16:10+00:00

    After i stalling this update my cpu is 70C in idle (ryzen 7 7700 with decent cooling) some drivers stopped loading from the b650e pg riptide mobo. What a mess!microsoft??? What is going on there? No rollback option? Pure BS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T05:31:14+00:00

    do iIhave to use a usb in order to downgrade if my 10 day window is passed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments