How to downgrade from Windows 11 24H2 to 23H2 without losing any data

Anonymous
2024-10-30T13:25:39+00:00

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 24H2 since October 4 2024 using it's installation assistant, but after nearly a month of using it, I've ran into having bugs, issues and slow Windows startup speeds.

I can't stand with bugs on 24H2 anymore, so my last option is to probably roll back to Windows 11 23H2, but the "rollback option" was greyed out for over 10 days.

Is it possible to downgrade to Windows 11 23H2 without losing any data? Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T13:21:04+00:00

    Same here! I have a Ryzen cpu aswell.

    • My battery life went down from~4h to 1h. The crazy part is that my battery life is really bad, even if I limit the CPU clock to 1ghz, which I did for testing.
    • The fans never power off.

    It is a mess! If i only knew before. I would recommend anybody to prevent this update via GPO, especially if you run windows on a laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T00:26:01+00:00

    the go back is 10 days this what MICROSOFT set this this not out choice if you go past the 10 days since you Installed you will have to reinstall what ever previous version you had before you loose you're setting programs that didn't come with that computer or device check where you bough the manifactures web site there going to tell you the same thing

    Also windows eleven forum.com will also there another web site that will restire windows 23H2 but thats in you're windiwds power shell it's done in windows Old dos mod but that will put the old version back but you still loose what didn't come with that pc and you ither have to have your'e software programs backed from before to add them back

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-17T14:20:22+00:00

    I can't work due to this update. The script I'm running in the node always gets stuck and doesn't continue. Can someone on your team please check this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more