Don't know about you, but my camera on HP Spectre x360 device from 2023 (Core i7 1355-U device) was installed with "Intel Image Process Unit Driver" and Camera is placed in Hardware Manager under Cameras under
but also under
.
What I also figured out, Intel Control Logic and Imaging Signal Processor are also somehow connected with the camera driver. Before update, camera was working, but could not be used in window hello, because IR-Camera was not working.
For me Update to Windows 11 24H2 caused BSOD-s in connection with Thunderbolt E-GPU.
Windows Update messed something with all those interconnected drivers - they all need to be in compatible versions, otherwise this could cause crashes of camera applications or in worst case BSOD-s.
I solved camera problem, but there are also somehow connected with the realtek sound adapter....something that I still seeking the solution. It's just a mess, what microsoft is doing with the updates. I'm not sure if that's the case for you, but manual delete of all those installed drivers and installing only the hp-ones solved the issues with camera - but you should perhaps disable windows update for drivers, because, if windows update updates one driver in the whole chain with the incompatible version - your back where you were. They just messed with the granularity and dependencies with the camera drivers....