Okay, I understand, hopefully they will put out some patches for the problems people are finding in that new update.
Just updated to Win11 24H2 and it has killed Windows Hello!
I have an HP All-in-One 27-a275na.
All was working well under Win11 23H2 and just downloaded the ISO for Win11 24H2. Kept only my data to get the benefit of having the best possible install and then reinstalled only the latest versions of the apps I wanted.
Have checked for corrupted files (none found), deleted the Facial Recognition (Windows Hello) Software Device in Device Manager & Rebooted.
On restart the machine fails to start camera and asks for PIN and then when I try to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition I get the Error Message " Sorry, something went wrong. Couldn't turn on Camera. Make sure it's working properly.
On checking the camera app it all appears to be working properly, and the windows settings allow apps to contact it!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-02T15:31:35+00:00 Given how long it took to get 24H2 installed I think I can struggle on without Windows Hello for the present.
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-02T15:21:43+00:00 Open the Settings App, then got to System - Recovery, is there an option there to roll back to 23H2 to see if that gets Facial Recognition working again until they iron out the problems in 24H2?
-
Anonymous
2024-10-02T15:19:14+00:00 update from 23H2 using the Windows 11 ISO, which due to the link I used only allowed me to retain my data rather than programs.
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-02T14:36:27+00:00 Did you clean install version 24H2 or update from 23H2 using the Windows 11 ISO?