Could be that despite restarting your PC you haven't done a full restart. Suggest you read this: https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=02344a2a82df5b99d3003291c5bedbdd8079061f3b7583b905a06f3035f32c82JmltdHM9MTczMzQ0MzIwMA&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=4&fclid=0292deb8-6232-61e2-307f-cbb3633460aa&psq=windows+fast+startup+disable&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2luZG93c2NlbnRyYWwuY29tL3NvZnR3YXJlLWFwcHMvd2luZG93cy0xMS9ob3ctdG8tZW5hYmxlLW9yLWRpc2FibGUtZmFzdC1zdGFydHVwLW9uLXdpbmRvd3MtMTE&ntb=1
Just updated to Win11 24H2 and it has killed Windows Hello!
I have an HP All-in-One 27-a275na.
All was working well under Win11 23H2 and just downloaded the ISO for Win11 24H2. Kept only my data to get the benefit of having the best possible install and then reinstalled only the latest versions of the apps I wanted.
Have checked for corrupted files (none found), deleted the Facial Recognition (Windows Hello) Software Device in Device Manager & Rebooted.
On restart the machine fails to start camera and asks for PIN and then when I try to setup Windows Hello Facial Recognition I get the Error Message " Sorry, something went wrong. Couldn't turn on Camera. Make sure it's working properly.
On checking the camera app it all appears to be working properly, and the windows settings allow apps to contact it!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-06T08:11:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-12-05T13:37:29+00:00 HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba104na
To add to this thread, after having absolutely no problems with Windows Hello Face Recognition, I have just updated to 24H2 , and Hello Face Recognition immediately failed.
I have removed and rescanned the hardware.
I have re-downloaded and installed the 2018 drivers from HP.
I have rebooted several times.Nothing works, although it should be noted that if I use the Windows Camera application, 2024.2408.1.0, I get an image.
If I attempt(ed) to Improve Face Recognition, I was asked for confirm my PIN, but then it 'failed to start camera'
Someone mentioned a theory about the Hello data being corrupt, so I thought I good idea to remove Face Recognition and start again ... now if I go into Sign-in options, I am informed 'This option is currently unavailable'
Given the evidence, it would appear that 24H2 breaks the relationship between Hello and the IR drivers. Perhaps the Biometric device driver is at fault?
-
Anonymous
2024-11-25T20:16:03+00:00 Hi thanks you, but i cant find this drivers, i try update surface firmwares pack found on MS surface pages but same...
-
Anonymous
2024-11-25T17:15:21+00:00 Update the IR camera software and hopefully after a couple of days WIN 11 will sort it's life out!
-
Anonymous
2024-11-25T16:59:44+00:00 Hi, same problem since update my MS SURFACE PRO 9 INTEL (from 23H2), camera is not detected from Windows hello (no pb with cam app). When i roll back to 23h2 no problem. But windows 24h2 always reinstalling...